Green Office Wageningen is recruiting!
Green Office Wageningen brings positive change to Wageningen UR. We are part of Wageningen UR and we lobby for sustainability in its operations, education and research. Green Office is driven by green-minded, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial students. We run our own projects that have real impact on policy and practice at Wageningen UR. We have an extended network within the organization and we work together with different departments, student organizations and Wageningen municipality.
We are looking for new Education Coordinator!
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the Green Office education portfolio, including existing projects such as Green Match, Green Teacher Award, Entrepreneurship for Sustainability and starting new ones (for more information see Green Office Year Plan 2017). As Education Coordinator you have real impact on education for sustainability at Wageningen UR!
- Carry out existing projects within the Education Portfolio (monitoring, promotion, internal and external communication)
- Communicate about progress within Education Portfolio via Green Office communication channels
- Take lead in defining and proposing new projects
- Prepare and lobby for starting projects
- Follow developments at Wageningen UR and identify opportunities for new projects
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to build up professional experience and develop skills in project management, lobbying, communication and networking
- Support of an enthusiastic, motivated and sustainability-driven team
- An unique experience of being part of the growing European Green Office movement that consist of 16 organizations in Europe
- Possibility to make a real impact on sustainability of the operations of Wageningen UR and to learn about operational and political dimensions of sustainability at Wageningen UR
- Space to develop and realize your ideas
- Financial compensation (approximately € 160 per month)
- Certificate of involvement at the end of the work period
- Recommendations for potential employers
- Access to flexible work space
What are we looking for?
A student of Wageningen University with…
- Passion for sustainability, interest in education
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to balance critical thinking with a constructive and creative approach to different themes
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team and lead a group of volunteers
- Perseverance, organizational skills, a nudge of marketing skills
- Enthusiasm to develop new projects and carry them out
- Availability for 8 hrs/ week until at least August 2018 (preferably longer)
Are you enthusiastic about this position? Do you think that you are the right candidate? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and motivation letter by 26th November.
For questions concerning this vacancy send email to Marta Eggers at email@example.com. To learn more about our organization check our website or our Facebook page: FB/Green Office Wageningen.