Green Office Wageningen is recruiting!
Green Office Wageningen brings positive change to Wageningen University & Research. As a part of WUR, we lobby for sustainability in its operations, education and research. Green Office is driven by green-minded, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial students. We run our own projects that have real impact on policy and practice at WUR. We have an extended network within the organization and we work together with different departments, student organizations and Wageningen municipality.
We are looking for a new IT and Energy Operations Coordinator!
The IT and Energy Operations Coordinator is responsible for the Green Office IT and Energy Portfolio, which includes existing projects such as Warm Sweater Week, Shut the Hood, Ecosia, E-Waste. The portfolio also has room for starting new projects (for more information check Green Office Year Plan 2017). As Operations Coordinator you have real impact on how WUR goes about its energy and IT use!
- Carry out existing projects within the Operations Portfolio (monitoring, promotion, internal and external communication)
- Prepare and lobby for starting projects
- Follow developments at WUR and research and identify opportunities for new projects
- Take lead in defining and proposing new projects
- Communicate about progress within Operations Portfolio via Green Office communication channels
- Work hand-in hand with WUR entities (FB, S&I, etc.)
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to build up professional experience and develop skills in project management, lobbying, communication and networking
- Support of an enthusiastic, motivated and sustainability-driven team
- An unique experience of being part of the growing European Green Office movement that consist of more than 30 organizations in Europe
- Possibility to make a real impact on sustainability of the operations of WUR and to learn about operational and political dimensions of sustainability at WUR
- Space to develop and realize your ideas
- Financial compensation (approximately € 160 per month)
- Certificate of involvement at the end of the work period
- Letter of Recommendation for potential employer
- Access to flexible work space
What are we looking for?
A student of Wageningen University with…
- Passion for sustainability, interest and knowledge of (?) in energy and IT topics
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to balance critical thinking with a constructive and creative approach to different themes
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team and lead a group of volunteers
- Organizational skills, a nudge of marketing skills
- Availability for 8 hrs/ week until at least September 2017
Are you enthusiastic about this position? Do you think that you are the right candidate? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and motivation letter by 26th November.
For questions concerning this vacancy send email to Marta Eggers at email@example.com. To learn more about our organization check our website or our Facebook page: FB/Green Office Wageningen.