Join the Green Office team!
Are you interested in sustainability and would you like to have a green impact on Wageningen University & Research? Apply for one of the positions below!
We are currently looking for:
- Communication & Outreach Coordinator
- Green Office Volunteers
Vacancy Communication & Outreach Coordinator
Green Office Wageningen
Green Office Wageningen brings positive change to Wageningen University & Research. We are part of the University and we lobby for sustainability in its operations, education and outreach. Green Office is driven by green-minded, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial students. We run our own projects that have a real impact on the policy and practice at WUR. We have an extended network and work together with multiple student organizations, caterers, departments, teachers and policy makers at WUR on a wide variety of sustainability related topics.
Communication & Outreach Coordinator
The Communication & Outreach Coordinator is responsible the online communication of the Green Office on our website and social media. You are always involved in the most visible projects of the Green Office (like our Seriously Sustainable Week in October), and responsible for the promotion of the Green Office at big WUR events (like the AID). Because you are the communicative force behind all projects, you are working a lot together with the other coordinators in the team. Your ultimate goal is to create a positive buzz around the Green Office and its projects and try to involve as many people as possible.
- Develop and coordinate the Green Office communication strategy and communication plan
- Actively promote the Green Office and its activities, projects and expertise online
- Keep the Green Office website and social media accounts up-to-date
- Collaborate effectively with 1-3 social media volunteers
- Stay in touch with communication staff about the communication of sustainability at WUR
- Coordinate the program and promotion of the Seriously Sustainable Week in October
What do we offer?
- A platform and a lot of freedom to develop and realize your sustainable ideas at WUR
- Opportunity to build professional experience and develop online communication skills
- Becoming part of an enthusiastic, motivated and sustainability-driven team
- Possibility to learn about the operational and political dimensions of sustainability at WUR
- A unique experience of being part of the growing European Green Office movement
- Financial compensation for 8 work hours (approximately € 160 per month)
- Certificate of involvement and recommendations for potential employer
- Access to flexible work space
What are we looking for?
A bachelor/master student at WUR with…
- Passion for sustainability and specific interest in communication & outreach
- Familiarity with content management on Facebook, Instagram and WordPress
- Talent for framing messages in a positive and interesting manner
- Motivation and perseverance to convince and engage people
- Organisational skills for engaging sustainability events
- Ability to work independently on personal tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Available for 8 hours a week from the 1st of February (at least 1 year)
How to apply?
Are you enthusiastic about this position? Do you think that you are the right candidate? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and motivation letter until the 18th of December. For questions concerning this vacancy you can send us an email too, or call Linde Berg (+31 317 488 022). Interviews will take place on Tuesday 7th and Thursday 9th of January. To learn more about the Green Office first, you can check our website, Facebook or Instagram.
Possibilities for Green Office Volunteers
You can always get involved as a volunteer! This takes a little less time than the coordinator positions and are a very good way to get to know the Green Office.
- Social media supporters
- Would you like to contribute to our social media accounts and help us reach even more people? We are active on Instagram and Facebook and you can easily jump into our small social media team.
- Green Impact Team Coaches
- Join a team of sustainably-minded staff members and assist them in performing sustainable actions in and around their workplace.
- Student Cooking Corner Project Leaders
- Stimulate the (international) community of Wageningen to show their local and vegetarian cooking skills in our Student Cooking Corner.
- Sustainability blog editors
- Investigate sustainability at WUR by writing and collecting interesting stories for our sustainability blog. To be launched soon!
- Green Office Flex Volunteers
- Do you have a limited amount of time, but still want to help the Green Office? Get involved by doing all kinds of different tasks whenever you are available!
A volunteer position requires only about 2-4 hours a week. You will be part of an enthusiastic and international team and gain experience in a green-minded student organization.
Has one position (or multiple) caught your eye? Send an email with short motivation to: email@example.com. Everybody will be invited to our next get together, where we will share a nice dinner and explain you more about the different possibilities to get involved.