Spring Bowl with Green Asparagus
The Story Behind the Recipe
This spring bowl gives you all the energy you need for a long day of work!
Of course, you can only get asparagus in spring months (April to June), which is truly a shame. Any more reason to eat is as much as possible when it’s available! Combine it with spinach (April to November), rucola (May to October) or field salad (May to October).
What do you need?
- 250 g potatoes
- 2 hands full of salad (e.g. field salad, spinach, rucola)
- 200 g mushrooms
- 200 g green asparagus
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seed oil
- 1 teaspoon Balsamico vinegar
- 1 glove of garlic
- salt, pepper
How do you make it?
- Preheat oven (220 °C).
- Cut the potatoes in cubes and mix with some olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and herbs. Bake them in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes until they are nicely roasted.
- Wash and dry the salad, asparagus and mushrooms.
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan and roast the asparagus for ca. 5 minutes. Afterwards, roast the mushrooms in the same pan. Lastly, fry the egg.
- To prepare the dressing, simply mix all the ingredients with ca. 2 table spoons of water, until it’s a bit creamy.
- Assemble everything in a big bowl: The salad forms the base of the bowl. Next, put the mushrooms and asparagus. On top of everything, place the fried egg and season with dressing.