Vegan Leek Quiche
The Story Behind the Recipe
Leek is basically seasonal throughout every month of the year – making this recipe an allrounder!
I do enjoy it most in winter or on cold or rainy spring days, as the chilli can really heat you up.
What do you need?
Dough (for one big quiche)
- 400 g flour (wholemeal)
- 2 tea spoons baking powder
- 220 g plant butter
- 3 leeks
- 100 g tofu
- 2 chilli
- 250 mL plant milk
- 40 g starch
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
How do you make it?
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, and add salt, butter, and 70 mL water. Knead until you’ve got a homogenous dough.
- Roll out the dough and put into a quiche or cake pan.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and roast in a big pan with high heat.
- Wash and cut the leek into rings. Add it to the tofu and roast for 2 more minutes.
- Cut and add the chillis.
- Mix the plant milk with starch until its homogenous and add to the leek mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Fill it into the quiche pan with the dough and put in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit before cutting and serving the quiche!