Roasted Brussels Sprouts
The story behind the recipe
The wait for brussels sprout season is over, it’s finally here! Brussels sprouts are one of my favourite veggies and they always let me survive the cold, dark winter days. The sprouts grow from September to February and if stored properly, you can find them until March.
In this recipe, the Brussels sprouts are combined with onions and potatoes. The honey balances the spice of the onions and the sprout’s bitterness perfectly.
What do you need?
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 250 g potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of honey or another sweetener (e.g. agave syrup)
- salt, pepper, chili flakes
How do you make it?
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- Peel the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Cut the potatoes in pieces of similar size. I never peel them but that depends on your preference 🙂
- Cut the onions in half rings.
- Mix the veggies with a few teaspoons of oil and honey. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip everything and put in again for about 10 minutes. It’s done when it is nicely roasted!