The Story Behind The Recipe
This is a homemade recipe invented two weeks ago and as the post already points out it is unlike all other vegan pancake recipes I have ever tried.
I’ve always missed a good pancake recipe once turning vegan but now I finally have it.
What do you need?
300 g flour
450 mL oat milk (or other plant milk)
320 g condensed coconut milk (or one can)
21 g egg replacer (equivalent of 3 eggs)
2 tbsp water
A pinch salt
How do you make it?
1. Mix the egg replacer with the water until a paste is formed.
2. Add the condensed coconut milk, flour, a pinch of salt and egg replacer paste to a large bowl and mix them together until uniform.
3. Slowly add the milk while mixing to avoid clumps and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
4. Let the batter rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Add a bit of oil/vegan butter to a frying pan and scoop in some batter. Spread the batter evenly in the pan and cook the pancakes on medium heat for about 1 min per side.
The special ingredients, condensed coconut milk and egg replacer (brand does not matter) are the ones that do the trick. They are available at Jumbo and Albert Heijn.
Adding cinnamon to the batter is a nice optional twist. If you like your pancakes a little thicker you can reduce the amount of plant milk. The pancakes are quite sweet and go really well with some fruit and vegan (coconut) yoghurt.