Zucchini soup with mushroom topping
The story behind the recipe
This summer recipe combines tastiness with sustainability: it is vegan, super easy to do, uses regional and seasonal veggies and just tastes amazing. You could basically grow all the necessary ingredients in your own garden. Then you just wash, chop, cook and puree them and it’s done! As a topping, we use roasted mushrooms which add the perfect flavour to this dish.
What do you need?
- 2-3 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 200 g brown mushrooms
- 500 mL vegetable broth
- 50 mL plant-based cream (optional)
- some oil
- salt, pepper, marjoram, curry powder
How do you make it?
- Chop the onions, put them in a pot with some oil and steam them until glassy.
- Chop the zucchini and carrots and add it to the pot.
- Add the vegetable broth and let boil for about 15 minutes until soft. The cooking time depends on how big your veggie slices are.
- Puree the soup and season with salt, pepper, marjoram and some curry powder. You can add other herbs (e.g. parsley) if you like. A sip of soy sauce rounds out the flavour!
- Chop the mushrooms and roast in a pan without oil. Don’t use too many slices at a time so the mushroom liquid can evaporate easily. Season with salt, pepper and marjoram.
This soup also tastes great cold – perfect for hot summer days.